The E15 engages key stakeholders – trade and investment policy makers, business and thought leaders – in policy dialogues in Geneva and around the world to explore and help validate ideas, align interests and strengthen the impetus for change.
Dialogues with WTO Delegates
E15 General Briefing
The objective of this first E15 General Briefing was to provide a presentation of the E15Initiative Report launched at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos in January, highlighting options immediately relevant to the WTO and the larger global trade and investment system.
- Jonathan FRIED, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Canada to the WTO
- Richard SAMANS, Managing Director and Member of the Managing Board, World Economic Forum
- Bernard HOEKMAN, Professor, Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, European University Institute
- Hosuk LEE-MAKIYAMA, Director, European Centre for International Political Economy (ECIPE)
- Harsha SINGH, Senior Associate for Strategic Research and Policy Analysis, ICTSD
- Ilaria ESPA, Marie Curie (COFIT) Senior Research Fellow, World Trade Institute
- Jaime DE MELO, Emeritus Professor, University of Geneva; Scientific Director, FERDI
- Ricardo MELÉNDEZ-ORTIZ, Chief Executive, ICTSD
Other participants from the E15:
- Robert ANDERSON, Counsellor, Intellectual Property Division, WTO
ICTSD E15 General Briefing
On the panel, left to right: Bernard Hoekman, European University Institute; Jaime de Melo, University of Geneva; Hosuk Lee-Makiyama, ECIPE;Richard Samans, World Economic Forum; Jonathan Fried, Canadian Mission to WTO; Ricardo Meléndez-Ortiz, ICTSD; Ilaria Espa, World Trade Institute; Harsha Singh, ICTSD