The E15 engages key stakeholders – trade and investment policy makers, business and thought leaders – in policy dialogues in Geneva and around the world to explore and help validate ideas, align interests and strengthen the impetus for change.
E15 Tokyo Launch Event
On 13 July, ICTSD and the World Economic Forum organised a launch of the E15 Report in Tokyo, Japan in cooperation with Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) and the Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI). The objective was to provide an overview of the Report and highlight policy options of relevance to Japan.
Elements contained in the report include the 17 policy option papers offering a detailed and comprehensive set of suggestions for improved governance of the global trade and investment system in the 21st century; and a Synthesis Report, interpreting the significance of the proposals for progress on many of the international community’s most important shared imperatives.
- Michitaka NAKATOMI, Special Advisor to Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO); Consulting Fellow, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI)
- Sean DOHERTY, Head, International Trade & Investment, World Economic Forum
- Ricardo MELÉNDEZ-ORTIZ, Chief Executive, ICTSD
- Jonathan FRIED, Ambassador and Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission of Canada to the WTO
- Akihiko TAMURA, Former Senior Fellow, RIETI
Participants from the E15:
- Julien CHAISSE, Professor of Law, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Marie CHAMAY, Director of Strategic Initiatives, ICTSD
- Peter DRAPER, Managing Director, Tutwa Consulting
- Mark FELDMAN, Associate Professor of Law, Peking University School of Transnational Law
- Tsuyoshi KAWASE, Professor, Faculty of Law, Sophia University; Faculty Fellow at RIETI
- Maki KUNIMATSU, Chief Analyst, Economic & Social Policy Department, Mitsubishi UFJ Research and Consulting Co., Ltd.
- Beatriz LEYCEGUI GARDOQUI, Partner, SAI Law & Economics
- James LOCKETT, Vice President, Head of Trade Facilitation and Market Access, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Junji NAKAGAWA, Professor of International Economic Law, University of Tokyo
E15 Tokyo Launch Event 2016
Left to right: Michitaka Nakatomi, Special Advisor to Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO); Consulting Fellow, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI); Akihiko Tamura, Former Senior Fellow, RIETI; Jonathan Fried, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Canada to the WTO; Ricardo Meléndez-Ortiz, Chief Executive, ICTSD; Sean Doherty, Head, International Trade & Investment, World Economic Forum
E15 Tokyo Launch Event 2016
Left to right: Atsushi Nakajima, Chairman, RIETI; Marie Chamay, Director of Strategic Initiatives, ICTSD