The E15 engages key stakeholders – trade and investment policy makers, business and thought leaders – in policy dialogues in Geneva and around the world to explore and help validate ideas, align interests and strengthen the impetus for change.
Facilitating Investment for Sustainable Development
Private investment is crucial for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Developing countries, in particular, need to be able to better identify and facilitate the kind of investment that will contribute to their sustainable development. This session looked at practical examples of investment facilitation for sustainable development, as well as the broader mechanisms through which it can be achieved. It focused on potential tools to measure the quality as opposed to the quantity of investment.
In order to attend this session, you must be registered for the WTO Public Forum.
- Marten VAN DEN BERG, Director General for Foreign Economic Relations, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of the Netherlands
- Ana NOVIK, Head of Investment Division, Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- Howard MANN, Associate and Senior International Law Advisor, International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) (via videolink)
- Bostjan SKALAR, Chief Executive Officer, World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA)
- Elizabeth TUERK, Chief, International Investment Agreements Section, Division on Investment and Enterprise, UNCTAD
- Ambassador Chiedu OSAKWE, Director General and Chief Negotiator, Nigerian Office for Trade Negotiations (NOTN)